greek fonts unicode macosx

kalimera, hello

i need some recomands regarding greek fonts

on vw12.0.1 on macos 10.3.9int

the language setting is on us/engl. and greek(unicode)

the fonts are truetypeTT, opentypeOT and DTF and postscripte.

none of the used fonts are working properly(OT) most of them are useless.

do i miss somthing? or is it a known issue???

any help is welcome.

go2greece

Kalos orisate.

I don't think VectorWorks supports the extended character set of unicode fonts. I know version 11 didn't. I remember reading a forum discussion about it. And I don't see anything about unicode in the manual of new features for version 12: http://download2.nemetschek.net/www_misc/new_in_12.pdf

Have you heard that it does support unicode?

I know Autocad never supported unicode, till the new 2007 version.

This forum used to support unicode, but not now.

If you need a certain font, with accents and breathing marks, you could write it in another program, export a jpeg file of it, and paste that into VW.

If not, you can use a font that assigns the basic character set to Greek letters. Before unicode, I used to use a font called Symbol.ttf, which comes with Windows and with Microsoft Office. It has only Greek letters, so you'd have to change fonts to change to Roman letters. But you can change fonts in the middle of a VW text entry. Another problem is that some of the key assigments for Symbol.ttf are different than for unicode.

kalispera, hello from greece,

thank you jan15,.

are you working on a XP machine? or mac?

symbol(TT) ain't work proper on vw12 macos ( not at all)

it seems that i am on a long odysee to get this font issue solved.

is anyone her on this forum working with greek fonts?

win or mac

how does vw work with non roman or latin or japanese or china fonts?

go2greece

Sorry. I'm on Windows only. But I thought TrueType fonts work on Mac OS. That's what it says here: http://www.myfonts.com/support/help_install_mac.html#installosx

You have to re-start VectorWorks after you install a font. VW only reads the list of installed fonts when it starts up. Maybe that's the problem?

And since "Symbol" isn't a Unicode font, you probably have to tell the Operating System to read the keyboard input as it would for English, the same as when you type on this forum. That's because the code numbers that "Symbol" uses for Greek letters are the same ones that Unicode uses for Roman letters.

If "Symbol" doesn't work, you could search the web for other non-unicode Greek fonts. I've seen some before, but I can't remember what they're called. They were probably all TrueType.

καλό απόγευμα από την Ελλάδα, έτσι πρέπει να μοιάσει με

for the rest of the world

good afternoon from greece, this is how it looks like

but vw can not do it proper or let me put it this way it should be on the agenda for the next update to implement a working unicode text support.

not only for greeks.

thank you very much jan15, you where a big help.

great knowing that experts are around (10000miles away wink.gif )

go2greece

• 2 weeks later...