folding/sliding doors

azizg

Question

Where I'm working I use a lot of sliding and folding doors, usualy made up of 4-8 panels, some times oppening in 1 direction some times to the left and right. The "door object" tool in Vector works however gives a limit on the number of panels that can be used to make a door. This makes life very difficult. It is possible to construct a door useing multiple object but if they are aligned when in 2D space they are all over the place in the 3D, and vise versa. Would it possible to create a door object that allows you to specifiy the number of panels and the direction in which they open? Pretty please (with cherries on top)

4 answers to this question

I've used "windoor" before and it is very good. I guess I'm asking if we can simply have that type of tool built into VW, with out having to go and buy a 3rd party product. which as well being more money (not very much) also means another step in the installation process.

I agree with azizg. As much as I appreciate the efforts of the WinDoor development team, I feel that those features should be a part of VW.

I do not like the idea of tinkering with VW with work-around solutions. Door and windows are too fundamental to the program to be looking for solutions outside of the core program.

And I agree as well...

I use multiple sliding doors here in florida....

2,3, and 4 panel glass sliders that either dont pocket into the wall, pocket to one side, or pocket to both sides....

i have been making my own symbols to do this and adding a door record, but a door tool upgrade to add more panels would be nice... or customizible like the window tool....

thanks and pretty please as well