How to change texture color

I am trying to change the color of the texture: Shingle Roof Barrel. The existing texture is terra cotta. I need to make this barrel blue.

How do I do this? I am thinking that if I could export the image to Photoshop, I could change the color there. But I cannot find the image file.

I have changed the colors of textures by selecting the texture in the Resource Browser (making sure it's file is active) and then click on resources>duplicate in the Resource Browser to save the original.

Then select the duplicate and click on resources>edit. You can change and preview colors of the texture shaders in the dialog that pops up. If this is what you were asking, hope it helped. Bradley

You can only do what BC suggests if the image is not an image-based shader texture. This means that if the texture was created from an image file, the color cannot be adjusted.

What I find to work best is to create a block in VW and apply the texture to the block. Set the pen to none or white.

Then export the object to an image file (use marquee method making sure to not include any white space)

The image file can then be "photoshoped" and brought back in as a new texture.

Thanks Katie, I tried your advice and got it to work. :-). I still have a question though. What is the standard size for an image file? I think that the image I created is a little coarse.

In Photoshop it reads as follows:

Width 44 pixels

Height 44 pixels

Width 0.611 inches

Height 0.611 inches

Resolution 72 pixels/inch

Size:6K

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Some textures use a filtered image color shader instead of an image color shader. Filtered images can be tinted by a chosen color. You can also create a new texture that reuses the image from another texture; create a filtered image color shader from your existing texture and you will be able to re-tint it.