DWG Import Problem

pg3d

Question

I am attempting to import a DWG file into Vectorworks 12. The file imports correctly as a class and is displayed at the correct scale. However, once I switch between viewports or saved views I lose the it and I can no longer see the imported floorplan. I have tried setting the visibilites for the new class created when the file was importing but that has no effect. Am I retarded and missing something? I have been working on this and I am having no luck.

Thanks for your help.

pat

5 answers to this question

I have have a title block and four sheets added created from the template. I have one line drawn, so I guess it would be an existing drawing. I need to be able to import the existing dwg floor plan to trace over it in VW.

When saving a view, it's important to checkmark save view and save page location. Otherwise, you'll need to use Fit to Objects and adjust the view - top, front, iso, etx., in order to see the objects.

litebrite,

often, when importing dwg files, the viewports are correctly sheet centered, but the other layers or classes are spread all over. I always import as layers. once imported, I zoom out to the max, make all layers visible, and see where the original drawing was created. then I select that area, change the layer visibility to active only, and copy paste each pertinent layer to a new formated, preset file that I use to start all drawings.