Real time Open GL rendering not working

I can't figure it out.

Usually when you do an OpenGL rendering you can walk through, and move the model around while seeing the rendering being done in real-time. I have some files that just will not do it. Every time you try to move around in 3D the drawing reverts to wire frame. When you stop moving around, it does a Open GL render. I am sure it is a matter of a setting somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. If I copy the whole drawing and paste it in a new file, everything seems to work fine again - so it is something to do with the document and not global settings for VW12 itself. I would scrap the old file and use the pasted version only if I was 100% sure I had not left some parts behind (which I'm not) So even if you can suggest a sure fire way to bring ALL items and details into a new file I would be grateful.

Could it be a VW11 import problem (I think the files giving me the trouble were originally VW11 at some time in the past - not sure.)

Any ideas?

G5 Quad 2GB running GeForce 7800GT OSX 10.4.7 (same problem on G4 iMac to)

Edited by 2051343