Units Space Planning

Actually I mean the label of the spaces that is visible in the drawing. For example the label says: Room 01 34 S.M.

I want the S.M. to be changed into m? (or m2). So I changed the units. And looking down the object info palette while the space is selected I see the area is marked as 34 m?. So that's right. Only problem is I can't edit the label manually or give the area another unitmark.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

This string is controlled by a resource file. You can change it (but be aware you will change it everywhere you would normally see "S.M.") If you are on a Mac, open a file called "IP Resources.rsrc" found in your Plug-ins folder. Open the STR# resource 11000. Look for the 9th string in the resource. Change it from " S.M." to " m2". Save and close.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Bram, you have to find a Vectorworks-using friend who's using a Mac (and the same version of VW) and have them modify a copy of their "IP Resources.rsrc" file. Then you can use the VW utility "Flattener" (available elsewhere on the VectorWorks site) to convert it to Windows. Also, enter a bug for this at bugsubmit@nemetschek.net and it can be fixed in a future version.

• 9 months later...