What is OIP?

Thanks! OIP looks very useful. But right clicking doesn't bring it up on my VW (VW12, Windows). Maybe it is configurable thing? The only way I can get to OIP is Window-->Palettes-->ObjectInfo.

It also seems odd that instruemnt info can be changed three different ways--[Right Click]-->Properties, [Double Left Click], and OIP. But each option is different. I am very new to VW and still on the steep part of the learning curve, but this seems strange, esp. that OIP seems to be the most powerful and the hardest to get to. Or maybe I am missing something?

Thanks! OIP looks very useful. But right clicking doesn't bring it up on my VW (VW12, Windows). Maybe it is configurable thing? The only way I can get to OIP is Window-->Palettes-->ObjectInfo.

Rando,

the OIP is one of the core tools of VW (for me anyway). If you close VW with it open, it should be open when you relaunch. If not, it's shortcut is Cmd(Ctrl) i.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...

After seeing what was written I went back and took a look at Properties vs OIP. I have used the properties for instruments and OIP for set objects, etc. When I compare the two for say a set piece they appear to be the same information. For lighting instruments Properties has more information. So what is the difference otherwise?

Jim