ctb fies

P Bartoli

Question

I'm working with VW 11 on Mac OSX.

A friend working with autocad has asked me to supply a CTB file along with the DWG files I usually send him. As I understand CTB files are setups for linestyles and lineweights. Isn't enough for an autocad user to receive ACAD2004-DWGs? As I understand, ACAD2004 DWG should keep lineweights and styles: no need to play around with line colors and line weight tables.

Anyone can help me out of this?

Thanks

3 answers to this question

CTB is the older AC method of assigning lineweight by color. AC 2000 and newer uses STB (Named Plot Styles) by default. At the lower right of the DXF DWG export box is the option to "Map Lineweights to Colors". If you select this option, a CTB File will be created in addition to the DWG.

George

Alternatively, you can keep lineweights and colors just as in the VW file, by not selecting "Map Lineweights to Colors". In that case, tell the AC user to select "None" as the plot style table. CTB and STB files are actually not needed in AC now. It can work in WYSIWYG mode if the user takes the time to figure out how.