Editing wall styles deletes doors

Update: I can prevent the doors from disappearing if I unjoin and separate all walls so that no wall is touching another. Then it is possible to edit the wall style (I am talking about edits as innnocuous as changing the fill pattern - actually, making no change at all, just entering the edit window and exiting is enough to trigger the bug).

This is a frustrating situation, and I hope that either someone has a better workaround or that NNA will solve the problem soon.

I have had similar problems. I think if it is at all possible, you should never import an older file up to VW12. Part of the problem may be that objects become an "object in wall". Which is part of another quirky problem I have had with VW. Objects not knowing if they are part of a wall or not. I seem to remember somewhere on this board a way was given to 'extricate' objects - I can't find it now. Maybe someone could post how to do that?

Unfortunately, in the real world of practice we all work in, all projects do not end one day and a whole new set of projects begin the next. And it just isn't realistic to work with two different versions of the program at one time. So we have to depend on NNA's ace programmers to do a good job of writing the code to convert up.