VW12 Bugs

Using VW12 for the last little while. Some nice features, some subtle improvements but & I notice some minor bugs:

- The eight point handles have become some kind of big blue blobby things on the outside of an object! Big blue blobs make it impossible to tell if one has selected new objects without consulting the object info pallet (slows me down). I have not found a preference for ?get rid of Big blue blobby things? , does this mean ?learn to live with this unpleasant thing?, or can it be altered back to the ?proper? subtle handles?

- My Boomerang don?t come back! (ie. does not work).

- Programme freezes. It has happened twice in each case I was editing text in the same layer & class for a long period of time, say 30 minutes. When I changed tools; I got a beach ball for more than 5 minutes. Does this mean I need to ?keep the programme?s attention? ie. every few minutes change the kind of task I?m engaged in? (Slows me down.) Does VW12 use ?Rosetta? or is this not an issue?

- Many times while using key commands one must ?click? on the drawing before the keyboard short-cut will work. (Sorta defeats the purpose for using short-cuts.)

- A suggestion: Any of you smaty-pants thought of a Widget to bring me the latest posts to this great BB?

Jim

VW12 on 1GB

Intel Mac Mini OSX Tiger

Jim, I think the blue handles might be here to stay - some kind of style thing. ArchiCAD has big handles.

My boomerang function works okay.

Clicking on the screen is something we always had to do - maybe you've just become sensitive to it. If you do something in the info palette, for example, you have to either click on the screen or push "esc" (Windows) to return focus to the main work area. This makes sense, because when you're entering numbers in the info palette you don't want the program to interpret a "2" as "load the line tool."

2 freezes in the last little while - it depends on how long a little while is. I've experienced maybe half a dozen hangs in the last 3 months.

Katie, Thanks, I will ask my IS consultant to do this; just so you know this is a new box.

Andrew, have you seen what a widget is/does?

Christiaan, how do you tell when more than one item is selected?

Gytis, if I wanted 4 handles, I would be asking about 4 handles. - No Thank you!

The prob. is the nature (how the handles work) and graphic representation of the handles has changed; in my estimation towards the negative. It is a little nagging thing I know, in VW 11 & back to MiniCad if one had eight handles as a preference; as intersecting points were selected a change, all be it a subtle one, was visible, handles came and went. From what I see of VW12, BIG BLUE BLOBS appear, and don?t change. Furthermore, the BIG BLUE BLOBS seem to scale up and down, clogging the screen. If one wanted to select items when zoomed out BIG BLUE BLOBS cloud the drawing.

- Thanks for the link, it was a topic of conversation before the upgrade to VW12

Katie, any way I can get rid of BIG BLUE BLOBS ?

P Retondo, perhaps I did not clearly explain. In the past, if one had a wall selected and wanted to rotate 90 for example, one only had to use the quick keys (apple "L"). This still works, but in some instances, it is as if one has to get the system's attention, first by re-selecting the arrow - or by clicking on the desktop. Too bad I gave my drawingboard to my daughter!

Jim, maybe this focus issue is a quirk with your system. I haven't noticed any change. Also, the handles stay the same size on my system, regardless of zoom scale.

There is the subtle difference you point out regarding selection feedback. I watch my info palette now to see if the number of selected objects increases.

• 2 weeks later...
...Clicking on the screen is something we always had to do - maybe you've just become sensitive to it. If you do something in the info palette, for example, you have to either click on the screen or push "esc" (Windows) to return focus to the main work area...

I press the space bar between keyboard shortcuts (between two different tools). Space bar, as you all know, is for temporary panning while using whatever tool you're using. Release of space bar returns you back to your tool. Using it between tools somehow "releases" the tool for the next one. With the habit, I don't have to click on the screen for no reason.