Batch Printing

gnkarch

Question

Having used VW 11.5.1 for a few months now, I don't see any advantages to the Batch Print command vs. the old Print Sheets command. Once I select the sheets/views I want to print, the Print Dialogue box comes up (this is in Windows XP w/ HP DesignJet 430). Whatever settings I select - printer, scaling, # of copies - applies to only the first sheet and the dialogue does not appear for any subsequent shts. selected. For example today I wanted to plot 2 sets of drwgs., only the first sheet printed twice. So the questions is if I have to set up each sheet individually for scaling and # of copies, etc., what's the point of using the batch print command? I might as well print each sheet individually. Am I missing something?

2 answers to this question

Your right. The batch print command needs more work.

If you print to PDF, it is a better than selecting print for each sheet. Though I still have to number each PDF sheet.

It would be nice if you could select batch print and have the computer print out each PDF with sequential numbers without user intervention.

I, too, am mystified, in a different OS. I have never had any luck batch-printing - only the first sheet layer prints out, no matter what settings I experiment with. I think I see the other sheets spooling to the printer (Epson 1280), but... nothing else ever prints.

"Am I missing something?", as gnkarch asks, or does batch print really lots "more work."