Open VW Files off a server........HELP!

I'm using VW 12.0.1 (latest version) and I'm having a problem opening VW files from a work server! The files will not open at all. If I double click them when VW is open, it seems to think about opening the file but does not open. If VW is closed it runs VW but then just crashes VW and it disapears! If I copy the file to the desktop it opens fine without any problems. I don' think this is a server problem as I can open various other file types (Word, Exel etc.) from the server and work on them and save them on the server!

Any help would be great

This appears to be OS / Server FilePath & permissions issues. Copying the file to the OS Desktop resolves these issues by making the FilePath ~\localhost\ and the permission rwx for the file.

It helps if the FileNameString has the correct MIME extension ( making sure it's not an alias pointer or have duplicate extension ).

Also how did these files get onto the server? Are they a direct save to server directory from VW12 ?

Thanks for that, I have fowarded to our Tech dudes to see what they can do. It seems that some folders on the server are ok to read and write files from, but some are not. Seems like a permissions thing but not a simple one as uniform permissions are set thoughout the folders I am working from!!! Very strainge. Why can't I be working on a Mac again................ frown.gif