Twofer Tool and Version 11

I am in the process of looking at upgrading to version 11. However, I am wondering if an old bug intoduced in version 9.5 has been fixed.

Rant Warning

Twofering by circuit used to work fine, then it stopped. I believe this happened sometime around version 9.5. Since then I have waited, and waited, and waited for this to be repaired. I finally updated my templates to include a legend displaying dimmers instead of circuits, so I have found a workaround. But that misses the point. I should not have to employ a workaround the tool should work.

Even more frustrating is that I have paid for one upgrade without this being repaired - I am not sure that I am willing to pay for another upgrade without this being fixed. New tools and techniques are welcome and appropriate for new versions, but what about fixing the tools that are not working correctly?

My appologies for the rant - and yes I do feel better.

End Rant

Thanks

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. I just did two quick tests, and things are not good. First I opened a file in SL10 and confirmed that indeed things are still broken. Containers for twofers are not updated/displayed properly with circuit information, but work fine with dimmer and channel information.

The next test was a little more troubling.

I ran a search in the Spotlight area of the message boards using the word "twofer." I found three threads that cover this very problem. The dates for the threads in question are 5/14/2002, 12/2/2002, and 8/31/2003.

Unfortunately when I first identified this problem it was with phone tech support, so there is not a paper trail. But I do recall it was right after 9.5 came out, and I ended up talking to one of the programmers involved with the spotlight tools.

But enough history - do you still need me to send in a sample?

Thanks again - sorry if my frustration is showing - tough after two years and two version "updates."

Has 11 fixed the problem in 9.5 that once you insert two-fers you cannot move the instrument without the two-fers going wiggy?? I have plots with two-fers and if you try to copy and paste or move the two units the two-fer lines drag all over the plot and you have to close without saving to get rid of them, or go through the plot and delete them.

• 2 weeks later...