VW12 crashing due to driver issue?

Lately my computer has been crashing hard due to driver issues. One was a display driver issue that has hopefully been fixed by using the newest driver. The other is with my wifi card. I am using the Dell Truemobile 1180 which uses the Broadcom chipset, requiring the bcmwl5.sys driver. The problem only occurs during VectorWorks use, so I think when the program sends license key data, it somehow overloads the card and crashes my whole computer. My driver is already the newest version. Is there a solution for this? Is this a known issue?

TIA,

Andrew

What error message do you get?

How long after launching VW do you get the message?

Please be as specific as possible as to the message and the point at which the message is triggered.

The time has been between 10-40 minutes. The errors have been with the display driver for the ATI Radeon IGP 345m - updated to the Catalyst driver's latest version with a patch and the driver for the wifi card, bmcl5.sys. I haven't gotten a good look at the actual windows error messages because they appear for a second or less before the computer shuts down. At the times that it has crashed I have been editing a document generated from imported Autocad files. This might have something to do with it as well. I am working with the .mcd file - the .dwg isn't open. Is there something I can do to delete information attached to objects that comes from autocad? Sorry for the incompleteness of the original post, I figgured I could see if it was a common problem before I flooded information that might not be necessary.

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew,

You may want to roll back the driver and try the update again. If you are getting an error message from the video card control panel, then the problem is in that software rather than the VW application.

Otherwise, you may want to contact ATI regarding the problem.