Angled Truss

I hope I am missing something here. I am a fairly new user to vectorworks having most recently used WYSIWYG. I have a truss that I have rotated 30 degrees in the Z axis using the hanging rotation feature of the truss tool. It is also rotated 45 degrees or so off of the x axix. So basically we have a diagonal running USC to DSR and points up in the air on the US side and towards the ground on the DS side.

I can't find a good way to attach lights in 3d. Everything I have tried winds up with lights not being placed anywhere close to the truss. I have even drawn a 3d poly where the 6 bars would go in the truss and converted it to a lighting position.

I am drawing this model to export to ESP Vision, so it needs to be accurate in 3d space. Please tell me I am missing something so obvious because I am about to pull my hair out.

Cheers!

Geoff Gooch

ggooch@purdue.edu

Usually, when doing structural attachments it's easier to do everything while on the base XYZ Plane . Then once everything is set-up properly ... rotate the entire structure as a single unit using the Tool>'Rotate 3D' Procedures. First try grouping them and then rotating ...but, for various reasons sometimes the groups will not rotate in 3D space.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I am having the same maddening problem, too. 'bout ready to throw my new VW 12 out the window. WHY can I not rotate the 3d part of my symbol? I still need the 2d to show up on the plot but I need to have the trusses angled properly in the section.

Not to mention wanting to draw a vertical truss for another hanging position.