SubZero dwg import failure

Gytis

Question

Subzero has newly available 3D CAD drawings of their product lines, which is great.

SubZero CAD Downloads

However, I'm having trouble with some of the files. When I try to import into a blank VW file, it just hangs indefinitely on a Spinning Beachball Of Death, with no progress indicated in the progress bar. Based on earlier posts, I've let it run for several hours, B4 having to force-quit. It happens whether I try batch or single import-with single, it never gets to import options--with batch seems to be same no matter what I set.

All 2D files seem to work (and always have), and some 3D files are OK, like the very complicated and large PRO 48. The particular ones I am struggling with are 700BF Freezer Drawers and 424 Undercounter.

Any advice is much appreciated.

10 answers to this question

I am not having any problems importing the two mentioned 3D files. Are you importing these into new, blank documents or a document with items already imported into?

Have you tried restarting the computer and importing the file or running Disk Utility, restart, and use VW?

I can email the files to you as VW files if you would like. Please send me an email to the address below.

I have had a large number of problems inporting DWG files from Autocad... The problem as I understand it is that VW12 can not import from Autocad 2007.... I work in a mixed office environment, and I have to have all of the files exported to autocad 2004 before I can import them onto my machine...

To get better 2d imports, have the exporter explode them first.