Abort OpenGL rendering crashes system

Hi,

aborting rendering in OpenGL-mode crashes my whole system. In VW9 you could abort this operation by pressing cmd-period, and VW returned to wireframe. Now, VW 12.0.1 crashes everything. Is this a known issue?

G4 15" PB 1,7 Ghz (PowerPC)

OS 10.3.9, Quicktime 7.1.0

VW 12.0.1

Thx,

Mario

I haven't experienced this per se - but I would like to chime in and say that Aborting processes that go awry seem pretty hit and miss. I recently tried using the profile mode of the polygon tool inside a viewport and to my chagrin, it tried to profile EVERYTHING. None of the typical abort methods would dislodge it from trying to complete its task. On another occassion, I selected "Final Quality-Radiosity" instead of "Final Quality - Renderworks" - after realizing that I had set myself up for a 10 hour render wait, I had to resort to force-quitting the application. You might consider putting a radiation symbol next to the radiosity choices or a "are you sure" second dialogue - for those unfamiliar with the wait in store for them.

Okay - I understand this is a problem for you. In order for me to help you, I need information as specific as possible as to the problem.

When you say it "crashes" you are not getting an error message. Does this mean that the application is still there or has the application quit with no error message.

• 2 weeks later...