Custom Title Block Issue/Revision Data

After creating a custom title block in VW 12.0.1, placing it on a Border on a Sheet Layer using the Border's Object Info Palette, and entering issue or revision data; the revision and issue text show up in an incorrect location on my Sheet Layer.

I have inserted the proper text codes (:iDate, :rDate, etc.) and followed the procedure described in the Manual for creating custom title blocks. I have even tried copying the text code from one of the default title blocks to see if I had some errant character or text formatting in there, but I get the same result.

The y-coordinate of the misplaced text (relative to the sheet layer origin) seems to always be zero (which is not what I intend) while the x-coordinate appears to be correct. In other words, the text appears on my sheet layer in the correct location horizontally, but it is vertically misplaced.

The other title block text, which is linked to the Title Block's record, displays as expected. This seems to be a problem only with the revision data and issue data.

Does anyone have any advice?

If I read your post correctly, you're getting the data displayed but in the wrong location. Which probably means it's a layout problem rather than a data problem.

Two things to check:

1) Would the text locate better if the text alignment was changed (Vert-Center or Horiz-Left, whatever)?

2) Make sure you have the bottom-right corner of the Custom Title Block set to the symbol's origin. Is it perhaps set too high?

Good luck,

Two things to check:

1) Would the text locate better if the text alignment was changed (Vert-Center or Horiz-Left, whatever)?

2) Make sure you have the bottom-right corner of the Custom Title Block set to the symbol's origin. Is it perhaps set too high?

Changing the text alignment does not seem to change things. The text is displaying several inches (real world inches) from where it should. Also, I have double?and triple?checked that I have the origin set to the lower right-hand corner of my title block (in the edit symbol window).

Any other ideas of what I should check? Thanks.

The origin of the Title Block should be set to (0,0), not to the lower right-hand corner of the drawing border.

What I wrote earlier was perhaps unclear regarding the placement of the Title Block. I'll try again.... When the title block is in the edit symbol window, the lower right corner of my title block is at the origin (0,0). This is correct, no?

I found the easiest way to make my custom title block was to start with an NNA one that works and edit it to suit me. That way all the connections are in place and they work. It?s like making it from scratch, but easier

Jonathon:

Thanks for the advice. I actually had tried this earlier and it did not seem to work, but since you suggested it, I thought I should try it again. And it worked! I am not sure what I did differently before, but now the revision and issue data are showing up where I intend, and all is good. Thanks for the help!

Steve