VW 11 Zoom/Pan

According to Nemetschek I?m one of three people who for some unexplained reason own a laptop that V12 isn?t stable on. They?ve admitted they don?t test their programs on laptops, but are aware of the problem. It seems to be graphics related, but the laptop is equipped with well above the memory required for the program as are the other two machines having trouble. I?m running V12 on a Dell Inspiron one of the other two machines is a Dell of a different model and the third is a Sony Viao. All three laptops have different graphic cards and therefore no clear thread as to what?s causing the same problem on all three machines.

Nemestchek was nice enough to send me a copy of 11.5 while they try to find an answer, and I hope (wink wink) if they don?t fix the problem by V13 they?ll be nice enough not to charge me for the upgrade.

Now back to the zoom/pan commands; I switched over from Acad when I purchased V12 Spotlight and the mouse scroll wheel has been functioning as the zoom/pan (like in V12) since at least ACAD 98 so you can see where that function is pretty well ingrained in my mind.

-Dave

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

In VW 11.5, you can't pan with the mouse wheel held down, but you can do a 2D scroll. Rolling the mouse wheel will scroll vertically by default. If you hold down the shift key, it scrolls horizontally, and if you hold down the Ctrl key, it zooms.