A3 Printers

I am trying to buy a new A3 printer. I am using v11 with Windows. I have used a HP1220c for many years with lots of problems.

Bad pattern printing- different patterns printed

No multiple copies.

I have now tried a HP9800.

Patterns are more accurate, but they are banded, not seamless as they are on screen.

Again no muliple copies.

It works fine in other programmes, and I have imported the uptodate driver from HP.

Does anybody have any experience as to why this is happening?

Is the HP1280 any better? Or are there A3 printers which are guaranteed to be totally compatible with VW.

The system is brand new with plenty of oomph.

Pentium D 830

2x250GB HD

128MB nVidia Quadro FX 1400

I have tried the HP 9800 with VW11 and VW 12. The results for all patterns and productivity I got were:

V11

Banding for patterns, problems encounted with v11

Try "Raster Print"-sometimes better but still unacceptable.

Multiple prints with V11 -NO

V12

Multiple prints with V12 -OK.

Patterns only print accurately with "Raster Print" ativated-then all OK. If printing with only "patterns as monitor on screen",-some patterns, especially white upon colour, it prints as a solid colour.

It would be nice to plug and play without problems. So far I have lost hours of hopefully productive time trying to sort out differences between Vecrorworks and HP printers.

It should work seamlessly.

It would be nice if Nemetschek would come into the debate as to which printers work or DO NOT WORK within the Vectorworks family.