Always loading PPDs from En system?

_c_

Question

I might be wrong, but I believe there's some issue with VW and PPD files.

I cannot at the moment study the whole theme of cups printing, so my hypothese might well be wrong.

I'm trying to print to a Konica Minolta Di2510f, no driver, PC world only. This printer is a laser, based on PCL-6 with paper size support up to A3. After much experimenting, I found out that the driver HP LaserJet 6 series CUPS 1.1 worked very well and was supporting the format A3. This was valid under MacOs X.2.

Recently I upgraded the system to X.4.6: the above mentioned CUPS driver works now still well under the German system but not under the english one: no A3, bad dithering. This is obviously not a VectorWorks problem.

The VectorWorks problem, I think, is that VW seems to be taking the PPDs from the en PPD folder. The buggy one. Even if the system language currently installed is different.

Is VectorWorks 11.5 Fundamentals EN dongle loading PPD files always from the English system? Unregarded of currently valid system language?

I experimented with other applications. VW seems to be the only program loading the english PPDs.

I'm currently unable to print decently, I'm bound to export to PDF in order to get some other app to do the printing job from the german driver.

Can someone help?

Orso

2 answers to this question

VectorWorks doesn't install any PPD files. The printing process is passed off to the operating system for spooling and printing.

You may want to delete all the PPD files and reinstall them to see if the problem is resolved.

OK, I'll try that. But I doubt it will be better. The whole system is a clean install, from the Apple CD (even if CUPS could be higher than 1.1 by now).

I know VW doesn't install any PPDs, I was just wondering which ones it's reading.

As a principle it is no VW issue. It just happens to get some buggy ones.

Thank you.

Orso