Workgroup referencing

Some layers are not updating from my referenced drawing and others are. i have a base build layer in my referenced drawing that is not updating on other drawings that it is referenced to. i have clicked on update referenced drawing and sent the drawing forward in the the workgroup reference dialogue box and still it is not updating. when i go to edit the layers in the reference drawing in WR dialogue box the basebuild layer that i need is not their to click on. Can someone please help me.

Cheers matt

Matt,

I have run into trouble getting symbols to update in ref files occasionaly. I have to delete the referenced symbols in the target file and then do my WGR update. That forces the symbols to update. The problem seems to come up if a base file containing symbols is referenced to oter files that are subsequently referenced into the target file. This situation ends up with the symbols hanging out in a couple files. VW seems to have trouble tracking down the master symbol def. as part of the update process. I'm not sure why you're not seeing the layer you need under the WGR window though.