Going back and forth between DWG and VW

litebrite

Question

Hi. Is there a way to keep the layers neat when importing and exporting back and forth between Vectorworks 11.5 and DWG/DXF files? When I import a file back into Vectorworks it gives me additional layers and classes that appear to have nothing in them, or are named differently than when I started. Thanks

3 answers to this question

Does this mean that you are on a PC? That info might help the people here.

I've just had a call from a client with a problem with DWG/DXF files I made for him of my VW drawings, being without autocad, I have no way to check these exports :

Plug-in object and symbols, eg wash-basins, toilets, etc have taken on the colours I've used to denote water-mains and hot-water. To cap this off, I just did an import of a DWG to see what would happen, and vectorworks has made all of the line-weights .35 ? nearly unreadable!

Does anyone have an answer for these two problems?

Thanks

Yes. I am using a PC. The other problem I have is that sometimes (I haven't figured out the exact timing) when I copy something from an imported file and paste it into a VW drawing I can't edit it (ie. the title block) until several hours/days later it decides it will let me.