Import from LW4 to VW 10.5

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Check your export options in LW4 and make sure that you are exporting field albels as first record and replacing blank fields with -. LW4 doesn't see your saved settings from LW3, so it reverts to the defaults. What values are listed in the Unique ID Field list.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You have to select the file first. Hit the Browse.. button and select the file that you exported from LW. This will enable the UID selection. Since you are importing from LW the UID field will be named External ID. If you have any problems, review the LW section in the manual. You need to make the proper settings LW otherwise the import/export procedure will not work.

If you want email me I will send you the import mapping file that will automatically match everything for importing into VW from LW4. Then all you have to do is browse to the export file from LW , hit the Load button in the import window of VW, find the import mapping file, and you are set. I keep all these back and forth files from VW to LW and LW to VW in one folder so they are easy to find.

Jim Allen

wcprod@msu.edu