VectorWorks Spotlight 12 Donated

VectorWorks Spotlight 12 Donated to Behind the Scenes Raffle Winners at USITT in Support of Long Reach Long Riders and the ESTA Foundation Charitable Efforts

Columbia, Maryland (April 28, 2006)??Nemetschek North America announced today that it has donated copies of VectorWorks Spotlight 12 to two winners of the Behind the Scenes raffle held earlier this month at the 2006 USITT Conference. The Long Reach Long Riders and the ESTA Foundation joined together to raffle off 12 prizes at the annual trade show for entertainment-industry technicians to raise money for Behind the Scenes. Behind the Scenes, an ESTA Foundation initiative, provides grants to seriously ill or injured industry members that may be used for medical care and living expenses.

"Please accept my sincere appreciation of Nemetschek North America's generous support," said theatrical designer and Long Reach Long Riders member Gregg Hillmar, "While we have always had a great relationship, I consider this ?service above and beyond.' Every little bit helps, and you helped a very BIG bit."

Rick Rudolph, chair of the Behind the Scenes Committee, states, ?Behind the Scenes has received wonderful support from the industry, but is still in its infancy in terms of fundraising. Our goal is to build an endowment so that we will be able to help our colleagues far into the future. We will be able to make only a limited number of grants this year, but we feel it is important to begin accepting applications, as we know there are individuals in need right now. With the generous support of Nemetschek North America and our other donors, we were able to raise more than $4,000. I want to say thank you to everyone who supports Behind the Scenes.?

?I?ve been using VectorWorks since it was first introduced into the market as MiniCAD, and now I teach it to both undergraduate and graduate students. VectorWorks Spotlight is a versatile tool that any serious student of technical theatre should have in his or her ?toolbox,?? says raffle winner Joe Aldridge, a professor of theater at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, and coordinator of the Entertainment Engineering Design Program in the College of Fine Arts. ?The learning curve is relatively easy, as the software is very intuitive. So my students are able to master the program with relative ease. I prefer VectorWorks to AutoCAD, because it can be used on either the Mac or PC platform without difficulty. I have a 25-station Macintosh laboratory with VectorWorks Spotlight 11 on the machines and am excited to see what version 12 will offer us.?

?I was introduced to VectorWorks Spotlight at a USITT conference several years ago and was quite impressed,? says raffle winner Trent Wadsworth, director of the performing arts center at a high school in Grand Rapids, Michigan. ?At the time, I did not have a need for a CAD program. While I?m now using another CAD program, it does not have the capacity to do lighting design. I decided to investigate other programs with more capabilities at USITT this year, and VectorWorks still looked amazing. So I was thrilled to receive a free copy, and I?m looking forward to giving it a try!?

More about the ESTA Foundation

The ESTA Foundation is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization established in early 2005 to create and support educational and charitable programs for the entertainment technology industry. For more details about the Foundation, visit www.estafoundation.org/

More about the Long Reach Long Riders

The Long Reach Long Riders is a group of entertainment industry professionals who raise funds, primarily through cross-country motorcycle charity rides, for the technical community in times of hardship or need, within the entertainment business. For more information, visit www.lrlr.org/

More about Behind the Scenes

Behind the Scenes provides industry members with grants for emergency situations, such as serious illness, injury, or death. Many people in the entertainment technology industry?predominantly those who work behind the scenes in theaters, arenas, and other venues?lack health insurance and other financial support systems. For more details, visit www.estafoundation.org/bts.htm

Nemetschek North America is a wholly-owned subsidiary of European software giant Nemetschek AG. A global leader in design technologies, Nemetschek N.A. has been developing CAD software for the AEC, entertainment, landscape design, and manufacturing fields since 1985. VectorWorks, its flagship product, is one of the world's best-selling cross-platform CAD applications. An all-in-one solution that's easier to learn and use and more cost-effective than most other CAD programs, VectorWorks is ideal for firms that don't have unlimited IT budgets. For more information, visit www.nemetschek.net.