Adding file to Favorites stops others opening it

Has anyone else experienced this problem.

If somebody adds a file from a network volume (in my case Mac OS X Server 10.4.5) to their favourites in the Resource Browser and then somebody else tries to open that file, while the first person has Vectorworks open, they can't because Vectorworks thinks the file is open on another machine.

I had that problem. I made our office a resource file for all our common items, and put it on our server (Mac OSX 10.3.x at the time) pointed everyone's resource browser at it. All was well until I wanted to make a change to that file, I couldn't open it to edit it. I ended up moving a copy to each individual station and making an automator action to update the file at startup from the server copy.

I think this is as designed. We had this problem since VW11 and the same was true with workgroup referenced files at that time. In VW12 though, you can access a file that was referenced to other files but still any file under resource brower is locking up if a file is open somewhere over network.