Printing Crash

Melshimber

Question

I seem to be having an issue with printing on a mac os x 10.3.9. On a couple of files VW12 crashes when I try to change the printer in the print screen.

The really odd thing is that the same file will print okay on other macs using ox x 10.3.9 and 10.4.6.

I know this is probably a long shot but has anyone else had this issue? Any possible solutions? Help would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Mike

6 answers to this question

Mike,

What version of VW was this file last accessed in?

Are you getting an error message?

Christiaan's suggestion to delete the printers is a good one - you should try that.

Another thing to try -- run disk utility with all the programs closed.

Thanks for the info guys. I will try the vectorscript to see if that works.

Katie there is no error it just crashes and kicks us out of the programme! The file was last accessed in V12 on the same machine. It is very annoying and we have found out that it will only happen in files with referenced material. A slow work around is to recreate the files and re-reference all the info into the file again. To explain we draw in one file then assemble the drawings using workgroup references.

We tried deleting and reinstalling the printers. That did not work I am afraid.

Any more info would be good, don't really want to recreate all of these files. I will try the vectorscript and report back.

Thanks

Mike