Zoom mode

MullinRJ

Question

When using the Zoom tool with a single click, VW zooms the drawing about the click point and that point in the drawing stays anchored on the screen. I would like another mode that also centers the drawing on the click point after a single zoom click.

I know if I want to move a point on the right side of the screen toward the center, I can option-click the drawing on the left side and achieve roughly what I'm after, but I find it counter intuitive to click away from the area of interest. An additional zoom mode would make me happy.

Raymond

2 answers to this question

Hi Katie,

With the Zoom Tool (C key), I click once in the drawing in Marquee Mode. The drawing will zoom in by 2X (or out with Option-Click) and the point where I click stays anchored on the screen.

I have no problem with the way it operates, but I would like an additional mode where that point also gets centered after the zoom is applied. Adobe Acrobat's zoom tool works that way with a single click. Photoshop does too.

Thanks,

Raymond