Vectorworks not responding...

WilliamK

Question

I have been using VW to import dwg files from autocad. Usually it works fine. Today I received files from a client. Of the 5, 3 import fine. For the others, the progress bar comes up and stays at 0% progress while the beach ball spins. I went away and left it for 10-15 minutes, and there was no change when I returned. I repeated the process three times for one of the files. All the files are roughly 2-3 MB in size and probably contain similar information. What could be the problem?

Is there a solution?

1 answer to this question

Are you using the single import option or the batch import option?

Have you let the import sit and run it's course? It is probably getting hung up on a complex object and just needs time to calculate and convert to a VW item, such as a complex hatch.

It's kind of one of those things that's hard to believe, but the file size isn't really indicative of how long the import process will take but rather, the complexity of the geometry inside the file that determines the import time.

If you want, you can send the files to me and I will take a look at them tomorrow morning.