video screens /plasmas rendering

I have been wrestling with the best way to render a video screen and a plasma tv with a custom texture to simulate a projected image in final render works. I manipulated the image-based textures in photoshop, constraining the dimensions to the real-world aspect ratio of my video screen/plasmas. I reudced the image size by a base ten to reduce the image size. So if my screen was 45.2 inches wide I made it 4.52 inches in photoshop. This seemed to work great for one size plasma tv, but I ran into problems when I created a 6' by 10 1/2' video screen. Some images I had to further reduce to 300 dpi for them to render in final quality renderworks, while they render fine in Open GL. Why? Is there an image size constraint with regards to textures? I tried making the plasma screen an area light, but had no success. Is this even necessary? The screens should in theory have a projector aimed at them. Should I use a spotlight to simulate this? What about the rectangular light output as opposed to a cone? Should I use a gobo to "shutter" off the sides of the screen? One more question: why does final renderworks have more ambient light on an object rendered with a left iso view than a right iso view?

Thanks,

Up to my eyballs with 3d.....

Well this Pug-In certainly sounds like an easy fix to all my questions, and I will probably end up purchasing it. Having said that, I am still intererested in having some or all of my aforementioned questions answered. My designs have always been 2D with the occasional section or iso wireframe. Recently I have been working in 3D and trying to understand how Vectorworks treats the 3D environment. Although the last two days have been frustrating, mapping textures to my screens, it has been invaluable to my understanding of Vectorworks. So if anyone has any comments on my questions, it would be much appreciated. Thanks C. Andrew Dunning, I'm sure I'll be in touch.....