Viewport - matching layers/classes

Is there any way of matching the combination of visible classes/layers from one viewport within a sheet to another viewport within the same sheet.

It is useful when creating small viewports for a key/legend block on a plan.

If a plan is modified and layers/classes added or removed each of the key block viewports have to be manually updated. It would be nice to just update one and then match properties to all others.

I think that the Organization dialog box will be able to do this for you. There is an option for visibilities where you can select a class and then choose all the viewports that you want to change the class visibility on. So you could choose all the viewports together on the Organization dialog box and then check the classes and layers that are visible for those viewports.

I often copy viewports where I want two the same...

• Like 1
  • 13 years later...

john, 

what if i didn't use the move and copy feature to duplicate my viewport but already have a set viewport and all i need to do is match the visibility of one viewport to the other without changing the camera. 

eye dropped tool works perfectly. 

Thank you

Edited by mikebminchin
auto corrected

Slightly off topic but putting your legends in vp annotations means the visibility’s and class overrides for legend will always be the same.

if you want the legend on more than one sheet make it a symbol.

this way works really well for me and less viewports to manage