Section Viewport to DWG. Not Possible??

Ramon PG

Question

I am very grateful to John Williams, Core Technologies, NNA, for having contacted me and expaining that SVPs do translate via DWG.

Although I have not figured out my particular problem, it's a relief to know it can be done. The VW12 Help file has an entry on the subjet at "DXF/DWG File Export" but this particular issue is not addressed.

[ 02-10-2006, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Ramon PG ]

2 answers to this question

(Posted this elsewhere but it seems too important. I can't find in the Help file absolutely anything about this and if SVPs are such a great idea, and I am starting to rely heavily on them, there must be a workaround!!!)

I try to export a section viewport (SVP) to DWG but my ACAD receipient sees nothing but the SVP annotations. You say SVP will not export? This woulb be a terrible handicap for architects trying to send their consultants, esp structural, sections of their designs. Is there a way around this? Can the SVP be converted in any way?

[ 02-09-2006, 02:44 PM: Message edited by: Ramon PG ]

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Ramon,

There is a strange problem with cropped SVPs, which prevent presenting info in AutoCAD. As a workaround I will suggest you to remove the cropping objects and to export again - your info should be converted correctly.

I added a bug report concerning this issue.

Thank you for the file, Ramon, and sorry for inconvinience.

Best Regards,

Nina Ivanova

Software Development

Nemetschek