No HASP License Manager in Applications

lwchaney

Question

I'm trying to install VW 11.5.1 on an iMac OS 10.4.3. This computer is going to be the License Manager for the CAD Lab at my school.

I followed all the installation instructions precisely... install Dongle Driver, plug in Dongle, light is on, install License Manager, run the LM_hotfix, reboot.

The next step (#12) says that the HASP License Manager will be in the Applications directory. However, it is not there and I can't find it anywhere on the computer, so I can't launch it and activate it at system startup, and I can't click the Start Daemon button (step #13).

I did proceed with the main software installation, and VW does seem to be working on this computer, but I'm afraid to install it on the rest of the lab computers if this License Manager program isn't running first - that could be a huge waste of my time. What do I do next - school starts again in 2 days!

4 answers to this question

You won't see the LM in the applications folder on Tiger. You would need to run a script through terminal to see it.

If it was installed properly, then it will be running at all times.

You should go ahead and install VW on the lab computers. Test the first one though, just to make sure - before you go and install it on all the other lab seats.