Install Failure: BadZipFile

john vs

Question

I have just become the proud owner of a brandnew copy of VectorWorks 12.0.0 (or should that be 12 uh-oh?). For my first VW12 experience, after what looked like a great install, I got the dreaded "Install Failure: BadZipFile". There is an entry in the Knowledgebase (http://kbase.nemetschek.net/index.php?ToDo=view&questId=76&catId=21), which describes my situation perfectly, and then provides no suggested action.

Does anyone out there have a solution for this situation?

thanks,

john

6 answers to this question

Uses OSX/FrameWork/Python Methods to decompress zipfiles on the Install CD , store them in memory cache, then write them to a FilePath within the VW App Directory . But if any of those ZipFiles fail to decompress a checksum error results and a write to LogFile occurs. What does your Console/VW Install Log say ?

Before trying a re-install make sure all background process ( other than OS ) are Quit.

thanks for the response, EJ. This is the contents of the NNAOutput.txt file:

Install Failure:

Exception Type: zipfile.BadZipfile

Exception Value: Bad CRC-32 for file Libraries/Textures/Textures_Interior Finishes.mcd

Exception Stack:

File "InstallerScript.pyc", line 842, in ?

File "InstallerScript.pyc", line 357, in ExtractFile

File "/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/zipfile.py", line 368, in read

----------------------

so it looks like there was a problem unzipping the Textures_Interior Finishes.mcd file.

It is interesting that the VectorWorks Master Log file does not have any mention of a problem with the install. It just ends with "The installation is complete."

John,

1)Check your VW12 Directory to see if the 'Interior Finishes.mcd' exists.

2) If not, perhaps you can manually extract the zipped file from the Install CD

3) also ... try an earlier version ... I'm not sure if the v11 version of 'Interior Finsihes.mcd ' was changed for v12 but you can give it a try. No harm no foul ; )