Serial Number failure

Michael Coleman

Question

7 answers to this question

Yes, did all those things. Actually, I sent tech support an e-mail, and didn't phone. Then I went back and restarted, just to be sure the computer wasn't playing tricks. Since there are no "1" in the number, there were no mistakes for "l". I even tried putting "O" instead of "0" and that didn't make any difference. Still won't take the serial number.

You may well have a faulty disc if all the other options outlined have been tried and in which case you'll need to contact either your local supplier or Nemetschek direct to request a replacement. Should be no problem to get one other than the time involved.

Bit of a bummer when you'd probably planned to use the weekend to play and get use to it!!

Whilst on the subject of new versions I'd like to reiterate a piece of good advice given out some time ago on this forum. Always finish a project in the version you started it in.

Helps with those unexpected results from version to version.

Sure you are going to need to open older version files at some stage with the latest but why not increase your odds of getting it right first time.

Alan

The serial number is required at the beginning of the install process. It is what determines which options are installed, whether you have Architect, RenderWorks, etc. You should still install from the CD, it just sounds like you have a bad serial number. I'd call sales rather than tech support.

Depending on what the error message is when you input the serial number will determine if the serial number of CD is bad.

If you want - send an email directly to me with the exact message and your serial number and I will take a look at it and let you know how the problem will be resolved.