VW12 on a laptop

DGHPTS

Question

I'm a new user to VW and LOVE it!

I spend probably 10-15% of my time on the road, and am planning on installing VW12 on my laptop so I can continue to work when traveling.

I've had no issues running ACad 2002 on my laptop (IBM thinkpad T-30, XP-Pro SR-2, P-4, 1gig ram) but I'm a little concerned because I my desktop is a XP-Pro SR-2, P-4, 2gig ram, and it is slower, are there any features I can turn off to make the program run faster on a laptop platform???

1 answer to this question

Based on your sentence structure it sounds like your desktop is slower than your laptop and despite the 1ghz difference in RAM they don't seem to be that much different. Either way, I can run VW12 on a Mobile Pentium M @ 2gz w/ 1gb RAM and a 128mb ATi video card with absolutely no problems.

Please clarify if you were asking if turning off services within XP or VW will help it run faster. If you meant XP, yes there are some services that run in the background of XP that drain overall computer performance. If you meant VW, yes there are some tweaks you can make to your workspace and the 3d environment that will help you move around the drawing a bit quicker.

Just quickly clarify your laptop platform and related XP or VW issue and I'll send you some tips that should help a bit.