serial number invalid after restart

heisters

Question

Hello,

I'm trying to setup VW 11.5.1 in a lab environment. We're installing it on one machine (OSX Tiger) that has two users, an admin and a student user. When I start VW as the student it asks me for the serial number, and after I enter it, it works until I restart. If I restart I have to reenter the serial number. If I run VW as the admin it works fine, and remembers the serial across reboots. I tried chown-ing the VW app directory to be owned by the student user, but that made it work even less.

Of important note is that after initial installation the VW app directory was chmod-ed to 700, so the student user couldn't run it at all. chmod-ing it to 775 allowed the user to start VW, but further attempts with chmod hasn't alleviated this problem.

Thanks muchly in advance

[ 09-26-2005, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: heisters ]

1 answer to this question

It sounds like the user does not have read write permissions to the Users Library Preference VW prefs File.

The other option is that Disk Utility needs to be run to fix user permission errors, or the user account is toasted so bad that it needs to be recreated.