Vectorworks 10.1 Dongle Problem

adady

Question

Have had to re-install VectorWorks 10.1 after a HDD failure. Re-installed VectorWorks 10.1 when I launch VectorWorks I get the following error message 'A VectorWorks dongle has been found but it does not match the one specified by your serial number. VectorWorks will now quit.'

I have tried the following:

Deleting the nemetschek folder references, delete the VW folder, and reinstalled.

but still get the above error message.

Thanks

Adrian

4 answers to this question

I'm also running VW 10.1.2 and recently upgraded to Tiger. I get a "there is no verctorworks dongle attached to this computer" message and VW quits. I reinstalled VW and then replugged in the the dongle after the restart and it worked okay (it lit up and the program opened) yesterday. Now today when I went to opened VW I got the error message again and it says there no dongle. The computer knows its plugged in as it shows up in the System Profiler as well as in Peripheral Vision, but the VW software says its not there. Is there some new driver I need to download and if so where? I looked all over the VW website.

Thanks,

Aaron [Confused]