11.5 keeps crashing

michael john williams

Question

Been having trouble installing Architect and Renderworks 11.5 windows version [an upgrade from VW 11.00]

Well I have managed to install the software and I think QuickTime has been installed. I could not install QT and so I deleted the installed version before installing the version that comes with VW. However, the following message came up:

Easyshare

This QT application cannot respond to the Quit request. It may be busy, waiting for a response from you, or it may have stopped executing.

I clicked Terminate and QT and VW completed installation but the error messages -2003 and MIME types error -20558 came up.

I have been using VW today but it keeps crashing, I do not whether this is to do with QT or some inherent problem with 11.5 as reported on the NNA web site.

Any help would be appreciated.

5 answers to this question

Perhaps I need to install the NNA Service Pack?

However,am not clear on the following NNA instructions though:

If you are currently using a version of VectorWorks prior to 11.5.0, you must first install 11.5.0 before using this updater.

As I am still running 11.01, should I first uninstall this before installing the SP with the 11.5 installed or do I uninstall the 11.5 before installing the SP or should I uninstall both the 11.01 and the 11.5, install the SP and then install only the 11.5?

But as usual it was not.

Installed the SP but there is no way of checking it is installed and working.

The wall to roof tool does not work - all the walls go funny in 3d, triangular in shape and clicking to bottom or tops of walls. Also I have lines going to infinity. NNA have identified these as 2 bugs.

Is anyone else having the same problems?

About time NNA got 11.5 sorted out - it cost me a lot of money to buy and even more money to run as it does not work.

Sorry to hear of your problems.

The Wall to Roof tool - the roof has to be on another layer to the walls, it won't work when walls and roof are on the same layer. I think this is going to be amended sometime, but at the moment you have to separate them.

I have to say that when it works, it works beautifully, so it is worth persevering.

David W

Auckland, NZ

VWA 11.5.1

17"iMac, 512MB RAM