updating & dongle issues

tamarindi

Question

Hi,

I read all the comments in this issue, but i guess my problem is a little different...

Win XP SP2. Until now i was working with VW 10.5 with dongle. I also have installed Freehand MX with dongle. Both softwares are working smoothly together.

I tried to install VW 11.5. The distributur explained that there is no change in the dongle.

Suprisingly, the VW11 didn't recognize the dongle (requests an upgrade), and after uninstalling and returning to VW10, the dongle is unecognized at all. I tried installing all the drivers you suggested in previous discussions, but no use.

I had no choice but restore my system so i can at least work with the VW10....

I understand that there might be a crash between the 2 dongles, but if it worked ok before, why should it crash now?

Wishing for your advice...

2 answers to this question

Please send an email to tech@nemetschek.net and in the subject line put Dongle. I will get the message and assist you. Don't forget to include this posting as well as any additional information.

Ok, i finally mannaged !!!

That's the thing:

First of all, after restoring, i had a clean computer with no updates from Microsoft (but including the SP2), no "new" aladdin drivers etc.

I unistalled version 10.5 and unplugged both dongles (VW and freehend). After restart i installed the 11.5, and after another restart i plugged the dongle. Now it recognize it and working !! So, i plugged the other dongle, and it's workig too. Hip hip herey...... :-)))

Tami