Vectorworks 10.5.1 Serial for each user

Lane

Question

We are running vectorworks in a lab environment where each user has a unique id. When each person launches VW, they are prompted for a serial number. Is there not a way for the serial numbers to work for every user that logs on to the machine? By the way, we are running windows xp.

4 answers to this question

We are running vectorworks in a lab environment where each user has a unique id. When each person launches VW, they are prompted for a serial number. Is there not a way for the serial numbers to work for every user that logs on to the machine? By the way, we are running windows xp.

I have the same problem with Vectorworks 11 in a Windows Server 2003 environment using folder redirection. I have installed Vectorworks but I cannot find any Vectorworks folders in either the PC profiles' Applicaiton Folders or the redirected applicaton folder.

This is very problematic becasue the students have their own laptops on which they should have threir own copies of Vectorworks. I don't wnat them using lab licenses.

This problem is even worse than I thought. Even if I let the students use the lab licenses when connected to the network, which I certainly don't want to do, when they switch between using their private dongle and the network dongle (if they work at home for example), they need to input the license number of dongle 1 and delete the license number of dongle 2 (Vectorworks only checks one license so they cannot all be entered), and if they do not have access to the dongle that they most recently used with their Windows profile, Vectorworks quits before providing an opportunity to input any license number at all. Please addres this problem urgently. We are trinaing 60 students in 7 days time.