Sign in to follow this  
gasjar

Re-installation

Question

I have had to reinstall my system onto a second internal drive, the first one was partitioned and a software program I wanted to use does not like partitioned HDs. Anyway, I had planned on leaving all other applications where they were installed on the other HD, but when I tried to run Vectorworks it told me that the dongle could not be found and that I needed to re-install the software. Well, everytime I try to, the installer just spins the beach ball and nothing happens. (It starts and remains at 4 items left to install)

How do I fix this issue and get up and running again.

3 answers to this question

Do you have VW installed on the primary or secondary partition?

'Drive L' (2 partitions)

Partition 1 - Old Startup System & Applications

Partition 2 - Files

'Drive K'(non-partitioned)

New Startup Operating System

Drive K is the result of trying to work with a different app that does not like partitioned drives. Once I started up from Drive K, I tried to run Vectorworks from Drive L. I thought it would save me time on preferences, recent files, etc.... Vectorworks however did not cooperate and now I cannot install on the new drive: the beach ball just spins.

Is there an uninstaller or something that can be run so that I can install on the new drive.

You have to install VW on the primary partition and the same one with the OS on it.

To uninstall, simply delete the folder and empty the trash.