Re-installation

gasjar

Question

I have had to reinstall my system onto a second internal drive, the first one was partitioned and a software program I wanted to use does not like partitioned HDs. Anyway, I had planned on leaving all other applications where they were installed on the other HD, but when I tried to run Vectorworks it told me that the dongle could not be found and that I needed to re-install the software. Well, everytime I try to, the installer just spins the beach ball and nothing happens. (It starts and remains at 4 items left to install)

How do I fix this issue and get up and running again.

3 answers to this question

'Drive L' (2 partitions)

Partition 1 - Old Startup System & Applications

Partition 2 - Files

'Drive K'(non-partitioned)

New Startup Operating System

Drive K is the result of trying to work with a different app that does not like partitioned drives. Once I started up from Drive K, I tried to run Vectorworks from Drive L. I thought it would save me time on preferences, recent files, etc.... Vectorworks however did not cooperate and now I cannot install on the new drive: the beach ball just spins.

Is there an uninstaller or something that can be run so that I can install on the new drive.