2 functionality problems with VW11

Skyfox01

Question

Hello,

last week our Company bought a couple of licences VW11.

During installation and working with the program, there are coming up 2 different problems:

1. On my PC (OS W2k) I installed the program last week on Monday. It works one week without any problems. Since Monday one week later I had no chance to start VW again! There are coming up 3 different failure types during start up:

* after showing the startup logo, and building up the VW desktop, it closes automaically, without any failure message.

* or after showing the startup logo, and building up the VW desktop, there is coming a failure message like you are not allowed to write in address xxxxxxx

* or after showing the startup logo, and building up the VW desktop, there is coming up a failure message like Runtime failure in C++ runtime libary.

2. the other failure is also shown on a PC (W2K) but it looks like a kind of grafic problem.

If you move objects around in the page or if you move the page up and down, the refresh of the screen is not working, and the drawing shows the objecs on the new and the old position on the screen.

Could you help me to correct this problems??

Many thanks!

7 answers to this question

It sounds like you installed a windows update that didn't finish entirely, or you installed some other piece of software on the computer that is causing the problem.

Did anyone update drivers, or update windows, or install additional software on the computer?

Is there a printer installed?

Problem 2 - update the graphics driver.

You may want to think about upgrading your video card. This card is pretty old and limited in it's capabilities.

To alleviate the problem, you'll need to turn off hardware acceleration for the video card. To do this, go to the desktop. Right click on an empty space and select PRoperties. Click on the Settings tab, then the advanced button.

Click on the Troubleshoot tab.

Drag the bar next to Hardware acceleration all the way to the left. You may notice some redraw speed slowdowns, but the ghosting should be alleviated.

The current versions of VW don't have any sort of issues as past versions of VW did compatibility-wise. Any of the newish (last year or two) video cards are all excellent cards.