HASP4 Network Dongle Protection Error

Knewtson

Question

I manage a computer lab at a university. We have been using VectorWorks on our Macs since the early days of MiniCadd. I love the App.

I have just upgraded the lab to Duel 1.8 GHz G5?s running OS X 10.3.4, and purchased a 25 lab-seat, dongled version of Spotlight 11. With Spotlight 10.5 I had 25 individual serial numbers so the server dongle is a new thing.

Whereas, my file server is in a different building on campus under lock and key, I have chosen to use my print server (a 400 MHz G3 iMac, running 10.2.8, literally a mac that is always on and running in a closet) as the HASP Server.

I believe I have installed the software on the HASP Server and the Clients correctly, but I get the following error message:

quote:

Network Dongle Protection Error:

The program number specified is not in the program

list of HASP4 Net Memory. VectorWorks will now

quit.

I have checked that the number on my key matches the last six digits of my serial number. I have repaired permissions on the Hasp Server. I have deleted the pref files on the clients and reentered the serial number. I have set the hard drive on the server to never sleep. I always get the same result.

Any Suggestions?

4 answers to this question

This means that the network dongle is not programmed.

Please contact Customer service at 888-646-4223 or sales@nemetschek.net to receive a replacement programmed dongle.