Keeps asking for the serial number

Ron Kenyeri

Question

I have installed 10.5.1 for a few weeks and recently I have been working on a large project, and now after say 4 to 5 hrs of constant use, I will get a pop-up window that says that I need to select my serial number. In the popup is a space for serial numbers and it has only one (mine) and I click on it and the window goes away and I have no problems. Yet if I pull a all nighter, I have found after the thrid time the window comes up it will not accept my serial number and it shuts down the app.

I can restart it with out a problem.

what is causing this and how do I fix it.

Thanks,

Ron

5 answers to this question

There's another computer on the network that has the same serial number entered for their version of VW.

You are going to keep having that problem unless one of the other computers uses a different serial number.

YOu can also have the problem if one of the other computers has your serial number in their list of available serial numbers and they are using an earlier version of VW 10.

[ 04-02-2004, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]

Katie,

I have only one mac in my current network, and only one copy of VW. The others are LINUX boxes, one is running a web/dhcp, the other is running FrontBase SQL, the last is running Mathemaica , and a lot of compilers.

Also I got this error once when my laptop and I were in a hotel with no Internet access.

Thanks,

Ron