Unable to finish installing VW

Turki M. Al-Ballaa

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm trying to install vectorworks on my new iBook and I keep getting an error after it installes the 4th and 3rd compunant. This is a student copy so i only get to run it in demo mode since the dounglr software never installs.

The error messege is " An error occured that prevented the installation from completing" I'm running Mac OSX 10.3.2

Help is apreciated.

Both of you may have a bad CD. There were a handful of Spotlight CDs with a little piece of lint or something embeded into the physical CD. This caused a problem when the data was written to them.

If you are still having problems, contact Customer Service and have them send you a new CD.

I am also experiencing the same problem on an iMac. I just purchased the Industry Collection for work from Nemetschek and it installed fine at work on a Powerbook with the included 10.5.1 cd.

I also purchased a separate copy for personal use from a third party. The included cd is 10.0.0. My code for personal use appears to work with either cd, but neither the 10.0.0 or 10.5.1 installer can finish the job.

A friend owns the Windows version of the same software. Just for completeness, he proved that he could install the full version from either of my cd's.

Please advise. [Confused]

jury rigged: I copied the folder with my good install from my Powerbook to my iMac. Upon running VectorWorks on the iMac, I was prompted for the license information. After entering the codes for my personal copy, everything seems to work without a flaw.

Good thing the Mac doesn't have a registry...

Just to dispell the notion that the drives on some of these machines might not read the cd correctly, I made an image of the cd with my Powerbook, installed perfectly from the image to my Powerbook, and the iMac still failed to install from that image.