removing 'favorites' from RB

spotlight 10.1.2, G4, mac OS 10.1.5

today i got tired of having to scroll through all of the object library documents provided in the file list of the resource browser--i don't need to see the metric version of lighting symbols in the file list.

so i went to 'file list' and scrolled down to one of the metric versions in question (SL-Altman Metric.mcd) so that it is selected in file list. then i opened 'Files and Folders' Favorites menu, and scrolled to 'remove current from favorites'. when i executed this command, i somehow deleted (SL-Altman Imp.mcd) from my favorites list, but still have (SL-Altman Metric.md) included in my favorites.

after some playing around i've determined that, although i've successfully removed the first three or four metric documents from the favorites list, i've also removed their imperial counterparts. and although i've selected the same object library to delete from the favorites list, it usually takes me two times to achieve this task.

is there a way to globally select a bunch of documents or object libraries and either include or elimimate them from the favorites list? this is very clumsy and time consuming--especially when the results are not what you expect.

or am i just doing something wrong?

When you open a new document you have to go to Spotlight in the resource pallett to select the instruments you want, metric or IMP. Once you have done this and placed them in your new plot you can switch to the specific document in the dropdown menu in the resouece pallet and you will only have the instruments you are using in the plot listed in the resouce pallett. Another reason to create a master plot.

jim;

i'm not talking about the individual plug in objects within each file, i'm talking about managing the overall list of files in the dropdown File List within the resource browser. in general i'm finding the ability to remove files from the favorite list very clumsy and in many cases, when i attempt to remove a file, the wrong file is removed.

yes i agree with you a master plot document is the way to go with individual symbols (PIO's) already imported into the document.

but i'm talking about that list of favorites included with the default spotlight settings has has files for engineering and seating that (until now) i have never used and just get in my way.

hey jim;

i tried that first--i created a folder within the vectorworks folder called Object Libraries (Disabled). and the unwanted files still showed up in the files list within the resource browser. after some amount of time i got bored and tried to use the 'remove from favorites' command. which is how we got here in the first place. yes if you can figure out how to eliminate the files by different folder or whatever let me know.

shelley

Steve,

Ok. I have a PC but I don't think it would work any differently on a MAC. I went in my hadrdrive, into the Vectorworks folder - found the Metric instrument folder and removed it to my desktop. The next time I opened VW there was only the inperial instrument folder in the resource pallett. I assume you can repeat the process for accessories, and any other folders you don't want around like Arch and Eng.

Jim