Mac X.2.6, VW10.0.0->10.1.2?

BrianMedMan

Question

Quicklsilver/Dual 800MHz: VW folder is in the application folder.

I've tried installing 10.0.1, which states completion, but the App. info does not agree.

I'm always hesitant to update, especially if no problems are present, and no fixes address my system.

What is this re-install the entire VW with the continued installation of the upgrades too? I suppose, it has to do with where the folders go?

Please explain, why it runs the upgrade App, and states completion, if it can't find it? The window does say "searching hard drive" B4 running?

thank you.

[Mad] side note: Some products don't need2B replaced, just because of the cable trends and their oppertunistic manufacturing practice of limiting ports! Although, I still can't print from OS X, due to my $investment$ in the Epson1520 wide printer in '98, which still works wonderfully with the ethernet card. I'm considering dropping OS X entirely, due to its making compatibility nightmares, while offered empty promises of "use both processors" hype. I realize the limited time of developer exposure to OS X, but don't ignore the concept behind the idea of the word PROTOTYPE.

I would much rather see the computer components industries, leap to next generation abilities by spending more time in the labs, than the present slightly incremental upgrades which waste raw materials on parts that'll be worthless in a year.

2 answers to this question

The updates don't create a new folder, they just update the necessary components within the current folder.

THe updates are large and take a long time. THe message about searching hard drive really means the update is taking place in the background. This is a problem in the installers/updaters software itself.

IF you get the message stating installation complete, restart the computer and check info about the application. The info should read the updated version - whichever you ran.

If you are in VW 10.0.0, you need to go to VW 10.0.1 first, then VW 10.1.0 and finally 10.1.2.

If this seems like alot of trouble, you can request a VW 10.1.2 installation CD be shipped to you by contacting Customer Service at 888-646-4223 or sales@nemetschek.net.

Please note, and installation from a CD will produce an additional folder witht he new version. Updaters downloaded from our downloads page will only update the current folder. The folder name remains the same until the user manually changes the name of the folder.

BrianMedMan-

Don't give up on Mac because of Epson.

OSX and its developer community are so good they provided us with a free work around via GIMP-PRINT.

Look it up. It works great. I use my 1520 with OSX.2.6 and VW9.5.3. My color pallet had to be completely reworked, but that's better than no printer at all.

Personally, I find VW is the one drifting off course. Except for the OSX compatibility provided by VW9 (and then not effectively until 9.5.3) I would still be using VW8.5.3. The problems I saw with VW9 and now read about with VW10.whatever keep me from moving to VW10.