Minicad

tdgarner

Question

I have been using Minicad7 on Windows 2000 for 9 months. They reformatted my drive and now I cannot get Minicad to work. When it tries to run, a gray window appears, and then a dialog box titled "Microsodt Visual C++ Runtime Library" saying, "Runtime Error! Program:C:\ProgramFiles\MinkCAD7\MINICAD.EXE abnormal program termination".

I have also installed the upgrade to 7.0.3 with the same results.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

As I posed on 1/29, I uninstlled Quicktime6, and reinstalled Quicktime5 using the custom option, installing all of the options.

I know that it is old, but it has worked on this computer with Windows 2000. It seems really close to working. By the way, is there an upgrade option? Is there a newer version of MiniCAD? How about a low-cost upgrade to VectorWorks? Can it open MiniCAD files? I run on both Mac and PC.

For upgrade pricing and information, please contact a Sales Rep.

Phone: 1-888-646-4223

Email: sales@nemetschek.net.

MiniCad 7 files can be opened by VW 10, the latest version of the application.

MiniCad 6 files cannot. MC 6 and earlier will need to be converted to MC 7 and then to VW 10 to get them to open.

You may need to go back to QuickTime 3 or 4- found on the MC 7 install CD to get MC 7 to work.

Make sure QuickTime 5 or 6 is removed first.

[ 04-03-2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Katie ]

I have also had this same problem (abnormal program termination). I upgraded to a new computer, but used the same OS as before and now MiniCAD won't restart. It also does not act like it is installing correctly. It never asks me to enter a serial number. When I try to uninstall MiniCAD it says it can't find a 'log' file. I'm using the same printer as before, I took of the QD and QT stuff and reinstalled them. If anyone has solved this, please let me know. Thanks.

Go to Add/Remove programs and delete the item there.

If it still deosn't let you delete it, go to Program Files folder and delete the application.

Make sure the printer is working before installing and make sure you have QT 3 or 4 installed. QT 6 is not compatible. QT 5 is questionable.