9.5 Download Blues

ajs

Question

I am attempting to do the full download of 9.5 Mac. I don't want to do the installer because I have a better connection at work than at home, so I plan to copy the file and update my home installation.The download goes smoothly, though leisurely, enough. Then I get an error message from Stuffit talking about an inability to verify the resource fork.Launching the installer yields an alert box saying that "The application 'Full Update to VW 9.5.0' could not be opened because 'Full Update to 9.5.0' could not be found (-39)"My only option is to OK out of this and gnash my teeth. I have downloaded twice. Once from each location on the download page. Same results both times.Mac OS 9.1, Stuffit Expander 6.0.1Suggestions?

thanx!

3 answers to this question

Same platform, both very close in OS (mac 9.1), though I'm unsure why you are asking, Katie.

To maybe clarify, I get the Stuffit error message on unstuffing after download, at work. Just for the hell of it, I then tried launching the installer on the work machine, which is when it gives me the -39 error.Haven't tried it on the home machine in any form as yet-I was hoping to carry the file home and do that over the weekend.Does this help?Any chance I need to update Expander?

thanx!

As an interesting addendum...The Full update, parked on my desktop where it downloaded, is 135.8Mb. Copied to the FW drive I use for fileswapping, it is 176Kb.

The other updates I downloaded (9.5.1, 9.5.2) maintain their size when copied across drives. If I move the compressed archive of the Full update, its size does not change.

Curiouser and curiouser.